How to get rid of the unpleasant smell of memory foam?
Use an air purifier for this purpose.
How to get rid of the smell of memory foam?
Use an air purifier for this purpose!
Some mattresses and pillows contain memory foam that aligns with the line of body and head. Chemicals are mixed with the foam to ensure density and spongy structure. These substances can produce certain odors that are most similar to diesel. This odor usually lasts no more than a few weeks, but it can also be accelerated by using various odor binders and air purifiers.
What you will need:
- air purifier
- spray bottle
- white vinegar
- cat litter
1. Open the window so that the smell of memory foam can be ventilated from the room.
2. Direct the fan to the foam so that the smell can escape through the window.
3. Place an air purifier in the room and let it work for 2-3 days. The cleaner filters the air, thereby removing unpleasant odors.
4. Change sheets every night as long as the smell is felt, because it is absorbed into the sheet, which must be washed out so that the smell disappears.
5. Fill a small spray bottle with water for three-quarters of water, and a quarter of white vinegar. Gently or lightly spray the foam with the vinegar solution. Vinegar neutralizes the smell. Do this daily until the smell is gone. Do not put the bedding on the foam until it dries.
6. Place two or three mugs of cat litter under the bed or in the corner of the room. Cat litter binds the smell of foam.
Stay away from the mattress until the smell is neutral. Especially if you have asthma or allergies, because the smell can make it stronger!